2 lbs of chicken breast – or veggie stock and your veggie protein of choice
1/2 kilo papa Paramuna from the high plateau – or russet potatoes
1/2 kilo papa Pastusa from Pasto
1 kilo papa Criolla (a small yellow potato that in dissolving thickens the mixture given the stew it’s final consistency) – or small white boiling potatoes
capers/creme to dress the dish
3 ripe avocados
1. Clean and cut the corn in half. Cook corn on high with 2 litres of water. Peel and cube the papas Sabaneras or red potatoes and cook with the corn. Peel the papas Pastusa, slice them into thick tranches and add them to the mixture. . Wash and cut the papas criollas or small white boiling potatoes in half. Add these to the first pot of of corn and potatoes. Cook until the potatoes start to disintegrate, giving the soup a thick but fairly smooth consistency, about 30 minutes.
2. Combine the chicken, half the scallions, salt and pepper in a large dutch oven and cover with 4 quarts of water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover; simmer until chicken is tender, about 35 minutes.
3. Transfer chicken to a platter and let cool. Remove skin from chicken and shred the chicken into thin strips.
4. Lower the temperature on the potato pot. Add shredded chicken and heat through.
5. Ladle into bowls and top with a spoonful of cream, a few capers and a few thin slices of avocado.